Final Fantasy FXN Network Content
Final Fantasy Type-0 Story
Long ago, four lights appeared.
People gathered at these lights and formed four Peristyliums.
According to the distant mythology, a savior called "Agito" would appear in the world after the coming of a great calamity called "Finis."
As the four countries descend into war, people hope for the appearance of Agito.
The students at the Suzaku Peristylium all hope to become the Agito.
842 Years, The Month of Water
The Milites Imperial Country, under the command of Marshal Cid, violates the “PAX CODEX", a peace treaty, to maintain continental order by the four countries in Oriens.
Invasion of Suzaku territory into Rubrum's Capital
By violating the holy boarder imposed by the ancient l’Cie, the balance of the world begins to crumble with the invasion from the external countries.
Byakko Soldiers cheering
With his airship armada and l'Cie infantry, Marshal Cid begins to invade the other nations, conquering all except Peristylium Suzaku, where he is met with a strong resistance as his army progresses into Rubrum Capital.
A Crystal powers a nation and is shown getting jammed here
Milites Army succeeded in their research for magical-repelling technology, and therefore achieved the nullification of Rubrum's Crystal. With that, the army used a "Crystal Jammer", which cut off magic for Rubrum Army, and the Peristylium Sukazu that was to work as a fortress during the war was not able to strike any counter-attack and was easily suppressed by Milites Army.
The entire nation was defenseless.
Why crystals shouldn't be disabled
All is not lost though. While the crystal has been disabled, 12 students, who go by the name "Class of Zero", still retain its power. These chosen ones have been given the blessing of the Crystals and are their protectors and servants, with the job to maintain peace and order and to look after the other crystals in the world.
Peristylium Suzaku's Class of Zero
As Marshal Cid attempts to persuade the president of Rubrum to sign a new treaty, the 12 students form “OPERATION APOSTLE”, a mission to liberate the Rubrum Capital from hostile take over.
The students are seeking for revenge. They have been given this mission which they accept because they want to make the enemy pay for what they have done.
Story Fact Sheet
- Peristylium Suzaku Magic Academy, is a school located on a island just outside of Rubrum Capital, where main story keys points are held.
- Marshall Cid of Milites decides to break the PAX CODEX (Peace Code) and violates the borders invading the land.
- Milites are able to develop the Machina civilization having both a manned & unmanned army. They were also the first to have the technology to create a crystal jammer, which is able to disrupt the power of a crystal.
- All students of the Peristylium Suzaku Magic Academy ( with exception of the 12) have their power sourced from the crystal itself, which is also the source of the crystal globe that surrounds the school itself. It is this power that gave the school its defensive capabilities, but once that power is disrupted, they are defenseless.
- The Class of Zero are said to be blessed by the crystal itself, hence the reason why they are still able to retain their power.
- Operation to liberate the Capital (O.A - Operation Apostle) is commenced.
- "PAX CODEX" is the peace treaty between the nations, it's main use is to maintain natural order.
- There are 3 other Peristyliums in the world of Oriens called Byakko, Genbu and Souryuu.
- There are l'Cies in Type-0 but they're different from Final Fantasy XIII. Byakko l'Cies are the ones that created the crystal jammer for the purpose of using it on Rubrum's Army and Peristylium Suzaku.
- According to the Natsubi trailer, in the discussion between Arecia and the 4 other officers of the Academia, the L'cies serve as a last resort to interfere with the loss of lives, but it must be approved by the Head Director Khalia himself.
- The setting the developers aim to create is such a war-ravaged world that players will be able to feel how the daily life and routine are brutally changed by war.
- The "action is taken" and "war destruction" are the themes of Type-0 and the main concepts of development.
- Tabata described Type-0 as "a major title that's formed from a variety of concepts" These include the following:Type-0 is a "war chronicle drama" that shows how the gods are part of people's lives and how this is shown through the eyes of history. It's focus is on mankind, which Etro created when she cut her self.
- Collision of four fantasies (the world view)
- Killing match between magic and weapons (battle)
- The Ordinary and Unordinary (the two sides of reality)
- In the world of Type-0, the crystals make people forget about others when they die, so they don’t understand the feelings of sadness or grieve like we do. This is done for the convenience of the crystals and the Providence.
- The main concept of Type-0′s story was a group of youngsters caught up in a war between countries. That, along with the concept of “the weight of life” and the Fabula mythos, is the foundation of the plot. I think everyone will unleash their hatred towards death as the plot unfolds.